2017 Documents & Links
IWCB Member Information 2017 (includes info on fees, apologies, concert dress, committee members, etc.)
Or add to your calendar through the below links:
- Recruitment Flyer (to print and put up at your local library/cafe etc!)
- IWCB Youtube Channel – for recordings of our current repertoire
- Public Facebook Page
- Facebook Members Group
- Current Repertoire List (Refer to this list during rehearsals to make sure your band folder is up to date!)
- Original music is to be used at rehearsals and performances. Please do not take original music home – instead email email@example.com for information on practice parts. Each instrument folder contains two manila folders – one for “concert” music and the other for “community” music. You can use the link above to help keep your folder organised and up to date.
- For practice parts please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Originals are not to be taken home, though should always be used at rehearsals and concerts.
Saturday 16 September, Leichhardt Town Hall
Members required 9AM – 12:30pm
Potential repertoire (will change slightly)
- Cantina Band
- Blues Brothers Revue
- Octonaut Theme
- Let it Go
- Who’s Who in Navy Blue
- Under the Sea
- Zoot Suit Riot
- You Can’t Stop the Beat
- 9:00am – set up
- 9:15am – tune & warm up
- 9:30am – doors open
- 10am – PERFORMANCE #1
- 10:45am – audience invited to speak with band members and see instruments up close
- 11:00am – doors open for performance 2
- 11:15am – PERFORMANCE #2
- 12:00pm – audience invited to speak with band members/see instruments up close.
- 12:15pm – begin pack up
- 12:30pm – members free to leave
Top/shirt/vest/jacket in the colour of your section with black bottoms or ALL dressed in your section’s colour.
If you do not have a shirt in the below colour consider borrowing from someone else in the band, or wearing all black, with something obvious in your section’s colour (eg. a scarf or cape!) We try to keep the section colours consistent each year.
Clarinets – Red
Trombone, Euphonium, Tuba – Green
Trumpets – Light blue
French Horn – blue
Flutes – pink
Double reeds – orange
Saxophones – yellow
Percussion – purple
Someone from each section will need to demonstrate the sound of their instrument. Preferably it will be a tune recognisable to 5 year olds. (Think nursery rhymes, tv themes). For those who have time you might like to organise the demo as a duet/trio/quartet/whole section.
Here are some nursery rhyme quartet arrangements you might like to use (thanks Geoff). The flute part has an already transposed Bb alternatively so all parts are in the same key. (therefore could be used for any instrument section).
Members Mailing List
Not receiving our members emails? Add yourself to our members list here. If you have already done so then please check your junk/spam folder.